International Students

Each year, over 100,000 students from around the world choose to study in Canada. Foreign students bring a rich culture to our schools and their knowledge and skills are an asset to our classrooms.
Study Permits and Temporary Resident Visas

If you plan to take a course or program that lasts longer than six months, you will require a study permit. For courses that last 6 months or less, you do not need a permit, but you must complete your course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.

Before you come to Canada, it’s a good idea to apply for a study permit even if you don’t need one. If you decide to continue your studies while you’re in Canada but don’t have a permit, you’ll have to apply at a Canadian visa office outside Canada.

Depending on your citizenship, you may also require a temporary resident visa.

For more information on required documents, please check Government of Canada’s Citizen and Immigration website.